So, we know that video works as an effective marketing tool, Now you can start getting creative with your marketing video production to meet your business goals and get in front of potential customers.
The first step should always be to review your digital marketing strategy, as this your video content will no doubt be highly utilised across a plethora of platforms and mediums. This will allow you to look at your efforts through the eyes of your target audience.
Do they need more information about a specific product or even your company? Figure out what they want to know, what information can reduce their risk of buying and what will ultimately make them more likely to make a purchase.
Here are some examples of video types and how to leverage them to get the ball rolling:
- Offer a dynamic and engaging overview to showcase your product.
- This is priceless for online-only stores where customers cannot physically see or touch products.
- Ideal length: 6 to 15 seconds
- Help people understand the value of your product by highlighting its unique features and how to use it.
- Ideal length: 45 to 90 seconds
Tell a story
- Create a more powerful brand image by attaching your product or service to emotions and feelings. Corporate video production doesn’t necessarily have to be dull, drab and dreary so be creative.
- Studies have shown that women aged 18-34 are twice as likely to think positively about a brand that showed empowering promo videos, and are 80% more likely to like, comment and share after viewing them.  In modern-day marketing, the brand is as important as the product or service.
- Be creative: great places to start might include charitable initiatives your company is already a part of but isn’t talking about enough. The cause will benefit from increased awareness too!
- Ideal length: 60 to 119 seconds
- While requiring some creativity, entertaining content is always more likely to be engaged with, commented on and shared around.
- BlendTec leveraged this to great effect in 2006, drastically increasing both brand awareness and increasing sales by 700% with their “Will It Blend?” video series. 
- Video also allows you to convey various messages to your desired demographic depending on your goals. Whether it’s video ads to encourage online shopping on your website, promotional videos to raise awareness for retail sales or even explainer videos to give your audience that little bit more information they need to make their decision.
- Ideal length: 15 to 59 seconds
Testimonials and results
- Nothing sells your product better than previous customers – people who were once like your prospective customers who visibly benefitted from your product or service.
- Creating video content of real people talking about how much they benefitted is a great way to break down sales resistance in prospective customers.
- Ideal length: 60 to 119 seconds – you can also split your full testimonial up into shorter 30-second clips on specific aspects, making them great for sharing via email and social media.
Here’s what you need to do next to get started:
- Plan out your vision.
- Of the above, which one is going to be most effective for your overall goal?
- Do you want to increase conversions for a specific product? Looking to increase your overall brand awareness? Think about the message you want to convey through your videos before moving forward with production.
What channels are available to share your video?
Consider the placement of your video on your landing page and how you can affect conversions after viewing. Once a viewer is finished watching the video, make sure the action you want them to take immediately visible on the page near or around the video.Also consider what channels you can showcase your video content on, whether sharing product videos with your social media following or setting up paid advertising for your brand on YouTube.
Find high quality video production
While still arguably underused, customers increasingly expect a slick and professional image from e-commerce stores including their video content.The fact is that given both the equipment and technical skill required to produce a professional video, it is not something that can readily be achieved in-house: you’re may well have to outsource.
Choosing a skilled and experienced video production company with a solid portfolio, trusted reviews and competitive price point is the best way to guarantee your creative vision will be fulfilled and your final videos will be as effective as possible.
Yellow Video Production have an array of experience in helping clients from various sectors achieve their goals through creative and promotional video production. Our videographers and video editors will work with you to carry your vision through from a concept to reality, no matter what the type of video.
If you need help with video production get in touch with Yellow Video Production today! 0151 427 0998
This is our second article on how sales videos with engaging and effective call to actions can help increase your ecommerce sales. In our next article we’ll discuss the benefits of utilising a creative and experienced video production company to benefit your business goals.
If you want to know more about effective corporate video production or all things video related, contact one of our videographers today!